Major Objectives: To provide support by supplying practical information, increasing a student's knowledge of study skills and career opportunities, and enhancing self-esteem through supportive and attentive relationships.
1. Sign in and out in the Volunteer Log located in the foyer
2. Tutor the student one hour, two days per week. Schedule will be negotiated with the tutor and student
3. Call the student before a major test to encourage success
4. Provide fun and friendship with the families and co-workers
5. Inform parent and teachers a bout child's progress
6. Report to shift on time
7. Call within 24 hours foe any cancellations
8. Clean up area before departure.
1. Respect and appreciation for children of diverse backgrounds
2. Ability to work with special needs children
3. Willingness to follow directions and policies of Mary's House
4. Willingness to attend volunteer training and meetings
5. Eighteen (18) years of age or older
6. Minimum of High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Time: One (1) hour, Two (2) days a week
Training or Preparation: Orientation for new volunteers
Length of Commitment: Minimum of 1 school year
On-The-Job Supervision: Staff person on duty