Title: Child Care Worker
Major Objectives: To provide quality childcare, including nurturing and security t o foster the development of positive self-images, while parents are involved in Narcotics and Alcoholic Anonymous meetings.
1. Sign in and out in the Volunteer Log located in the foyer
2. Provide full supervision with children at all times
3. Provide story time and music
4. Perform arts and crafts activities
5. Provide fun and friendship with the families and co-workers
6. Feed infant children, when needed
7. Escort preschool aged children to the restroom
8. Change diapers by using Latex gloves (staff office), washing hands after each change, wiping of nose, before feeding, etc .
9. Report child's behavior to parent before departure
10. Report to shift on time
11. Call within 24 hours foe any cancellations
12. Clean up area before departure
1. Respect and appreciation for children of diverse backgrounds
2. Ability to work with special needs children
3. Willingness to follow directions and policies of Mary's House
4. Willingness to attend volunteer training and meetings
5. Eighteen (18) years of age or older
6. Minimum of High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Training or Preparation: Orientation for new volunteers
Length of Commitment: Minimum of 6 months to 1year
On-The-Job Supervision: Staff person on duty