* Mary's House is a faith-based ministry located at 520
Guilford Avenue in Greensboro.
* We provide transitional and permanent housing, life skills training
and a supportive community for homeless women in recovery from substance
* Mary's House is named for Mary Magdalene, a woman Jesus healed and befriended.
* Our program is one of the few in the United States that allows women
to raise their children while in treatment for addiction issues.
* Mary's House has seen the birth of 30 drug free babies at a cost savings
of over 5.2 million dollars to the local health care system.
* In February 2005, Mary's Homes were funded to provide 16 vouchers scattered
site individual permanent housing for mothers in recovery and their children.
In September 2009, we have vouchers for 34 mothers and their children.
* Mary's House encourages the admission of pregnant women to ensure as
much as possible the birth of drug free infants.
* Mary's House's property was donated by New Creation Community Presbyterian
Church. Our home has eight bedrooms and six baths, which can house up
to eight families at a time.
* Our program is fully licensed by the North Carolina Division of Facility
Services. We maintain an "A" grade rating from Guilford County
* Since 1998, we have provided treatment to 126 women and 132 children
who have lived at Mary's House.
* 70% of our graduates maintain their sobriety for at least one year following
their graduation. The national average is 15-20% for this one-year hallmark.
* All of our residents either go to school to seek additional education
or are employed. The majority of the residents do a combination of schooling
and employment to help with their future earning capacity.
* Mary's House is staffed by professionals with many years' experience
helping individuals with addiction issues.
* Mary's House is a strong believer in the AA model of recovery and requires
attendance at daily AA meetings.
* Mary's House provides in-house substance abuse counseling, case management
and parenting skills training to all residents. We also provide in-house
children's groups to help our youngest residents start out their lives
without the burden of an addicted family member.
* Mary's House needs your support and prayers if we are going to continue
on our mission of helping mothers in recovery.